At Impact Print we aim to achieve the highest industry standards by implementing the following policies:
- We use environmentally friendly vegetable based inks.
- Our paper is all FSC registered, supplied by FSC accredited suppliers and is from guaranteed sustainable sources.
- Our aluminium plates are recycled.
- All waste paper is recycled.
- Solar panels generate electricity on our buildings.
- We purchase our electricity from a renewable energy source.
We have offset our carbon footprint by planting trees.
So far we have planted more than 1,000 and continue to plant each year as part of our offset scheme. We have used the Carbon Neutral Company to calculate the requirement of our scheme.
No Sound bite
To date we have fought against paying for our accreditation as we consider it, for the moment at least, an expensive form of taxation on companies.
We believe the combination of our environmental policies and our carbon offset programme places us in the first rank of ‘green’ printers.
Read more about FSC accreditation and certification and the issues raised.